ISO 9001 Lead Auditor courses
5-day advanced Quality Management Systems training, equivalent to 40 CPD hours.
Upskill face-to-face at your nearest SQMC venue.
Convenient public courses in Aberdeen, Dunfermline & Glasgow.
Alternatively, attend one of our regular online courses.
Our Virtual Classroom version is custom-built for desktop learners.
Private staff training at a time and place to suit you.
Arrange a course exclusively for groups of 4 or more, in-house or online.
Become a CQI and IRCA Certified Lead Auditor with one of the world's foremost names in Quality Management training.
Take your auditing career to the highest level with the most sought-after qualification for supply chain auditors of Quality Management Systems. Our ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course is accredited by the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) and the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA). It's the only 'ticket' universally accepted by the world's foremost Certification Bodies recruitment policies.
We've partnered with IRCA for over 30 years, and our course licence number is A18054.
"Excellent course, with an expert in ISO that's a credit to SQMC and IRCA. A pleasure, and would recommend to any prospective auditor!"
Join 5000+ SQMC clients enjoying our pre-purchase guidance and unrivaled aftercare:
How can this course improve my skills, understanding, career, and salary?
The SQMC Method
When you invest a week away from work, you need confidence that your time will be wisely spent. An increasing number of the UK's largest organisations are switching to SQMC for ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training, because they realise the value of our industry-leading first-time pass rates*.
However, it's not simply about passing your exam - our intention is to coach you toward auditing excellence. We begin by matching the content to your own learning style, preferences and pace, and developing your understanding of the subject, layer by layer.
An SQMC course provides you with the optimum platform to learn the real-world duties of a QMS Lead Auditor, and about the ISO 9001 Certification process, in a fun, informal atmosphere.
You'll return to work with an improved comprehension of ISO 9001's functionality, as well as that of other key, associated Standards (such as ISO 17,021 and ISO 19,011). Plus, you'll better appreciate business processes, and know how best to 'map' them out, logically.
Moreover, you'll learn all of this within a safe environment, where you can feel comfortable trying out supplier auditing protocols and techniques for yourself, under the encouraging mentoring of your experienced and supportive tutor.
*SQMC first-time pass rates have been consistently higher than IRCA's worldwide average, according to their annually published statistics.
What will I learn?
Here's a brief rundown of a dozen elements you'll glean from our series of lively, interactive discussions, practical audit scenarios, and team exercises:
- The purpose and business benefits of a Quality Management System (QMS).
- How the "Plan - Do - Check - Act" (PDCA) cycle has influenced ISO 9001.
- A review of the principles and concepts of "Quality".
- A critical evaluation of the "Seven Quality Management Principles" – as explained and expounded by your own Quality "guru" for the week (all of our approved Tutors are hand-picked, SQMC-trained, Chartered Quality Professionals; and are genuine experts in the field).
- Getting to grips with Documentation and Interpretation.
- Understand the principles, methodology, preparationand performance of a Quality Audit, to ISO 19,011; including theefficient use of Checklists.
- The key to selecting the Audit sample,and the subsequent preparation of the ideal questions – get this right and you'll perform Process Audits with increased confidence.
- How to prepare the findings and statements of a nonconformity.
- Master the art of Audit Reporting.
- A look at Corrective & Preventive Action, the follow-up process, and then surveillance.
- A discussion of the duties of an Auditor and a Lead Auditor, with a seasoned pro.
- The role of government in validating certification bodies, and the requirements of the Registration Scheme in the UK operated by the Chartered Quality Institute's "International Register of Certificated Auditors" (CQI / IRCA).
How will I benefit? How will my employer reap the rewards?
Achieving the status of an 'ISO 9001 Lead Auditor' through our course will fully qualify you to carry out external audits anywhere in the world.
In practical terms, you'll help your employer ensure its suppliers meets the standards it set for its own customers. You can become an integral part of the process of assuring your organisation meets its objectives, better realising its statements of intent. You can also add value to your organisation's internal operations – after all, in which area of your operations would you not want quality?!
Furthermore, as an IRCA-Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor, you'll be on a level playing field as the '3rd Party' auditors that visit from your company's Certification Body. Or perhaps you'll go on to become a Certification Auditor, yourself - since you'll now possess the qualification most government-accredited Certification Bodies require for the job.
Lastly, from a personal perspective, when you have a few audits under your belt, you can acquire 'IRCA-Registered' status as a professional auditor, with the Chartered Quality Institute.
No hidden costs. Here's what you'll receive:
- Personal copies of ISO 9000, ISO 9001 and ISO 19,011, fully licensed for you to keep.
- An extensive SQMC reference manual, and workbook.
- Coaching from a highly experienced, Chartered Quality Professional.
- Your CQI / IRCA exam fee.
- A globally-recognised certificate.
- Refreshments and delicious, sit-down lunches, served in our venue restaurants.
- SQMC's highly-acclaimed after care.
Free International Standards included - Save £650!
ISO 9001:2015 (worth £160*)You'll receive a complimentary copy of the central standard for QMS.
ISO 9000:2015 (worth £246*)We also include the 'QMS Fundamentals and Vocabulary' in your pack.
ISO 19,011:2018 (worth £244*)The "auditor's bible" - a guide to auditing best practice. Worth every penny!
Self-funding? Find out about our Payment Plans:
Learn the art of auditing from practicing, passionate auditors.
The beauty of our approach is we employ trainers that are out there auditing a broad spectrum of sectors when they're not in the classroom, meaning you can personally relate to the examples we illustrate. This truly brings the theory to life, and is one reason SQMC-trained auditors stand out from the crowd.
96% pass rate in 2023
Exam & Certification fees included
Payment plans available
"I’m hoping that Andrew still has his 100% success pass rate! He really was an excellent tutor and my knowledge of ISO 9000/9001/19011 has boosted my confidence no end! My thought process has completely changed when doing audits and my audit reporting is much better as I keep thinking 'when conducting an audit, where is the viable evidence? Show me!' And not to just take the auditee's word for it. My vocabulary has also improved."
Need to share the details of this course with a colleague?
"I would like to extend my thanks to Lynn, Kenny & all the SQMC team, along with Bob, who tutored my foundation class and obviously the Lead Auditor, and thought he was brilliant - as I am sure all the others who attended did. Here's to the first step on my auditing, IRCA & CQI journey! If SQMC have a mailing list for future courses, can you please add me to it?"
Why choose SQMC?
A global standard in auditor certification.
SQMC began in 1989 as an ancillary unit within the Management Sciences faculties of one of the United Kingdom's leading universities, providing short auditing courses accredited by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA). Within four years we were awarded Centre of Excellence status by the Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA).
Nowadays, the IQA is known as the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI), and SQMC has evolved into an independent, private training supplier to individual students and multinational corporations in 88+ countries.
Benefits of training with us:
- Friendly guidance for your Training Needs Analysis
- Courses for every experience level
- Top tuition from leading, practicing QHSE auditors
- Gain a deeper understanding of management systems
- Develop key skills to help you shine in any audit scenario
- Unsurpassed pass rates
- First-class aftercare and learner support you can count on
- Certificate verification service for employers
- Our own internal QMS is held accountable by the CQI and IRCA.
"Good course. I learned a whole new profession."