ISO 14001 Internal Auditor courses
2-day intermediate Environmental Management Systems training, equivalent to 14 CPD hours.
Upskill face-to-face at your nearest SQMC venue.
In-person courses at our headquarters, near Edinburgh Airport; and Aberdeen.
Alternatively, attend one of our regular online courses.
Our acclaimed Virtual Classroom version is custom-built for desktop learning.
Private staff training at a time and place to suit you.
Arrange a course exclusively for groups of 3 or more, in-house or online.
Learn to plan, prepare for, conduct, and report on internal audits of Environmental Management Systems.
We've simplified the subject of auditing your organisation's Environmental Management System, to help you learn (faster) how to conduct them (excellently).
The beauty of our approach is we use trainers that audit a broad spectrum of sectors when they're not in the classroom, meaning you can fully relate personally to the examples we illustrate. This brings the theory to life and is one of many reasons SQMC-trained auditors stand out from the crowd.
"Best course I have been on. Really enjoyed it. Top tutor!"
Join 5000+ SQMC clients enjoying our pre-purchase guidance and unrivaled aftercare:
Payment plans available.
99.9% pass rate.
How can this course improve my skills, understanding, career, and salary?
The SQMC Method
We pride ourselves in producing positive, enthusiastic auditors; and we award successful participants with a well-respected ISO 14001 Internal Auditor qualification which demonstrates a high standard of training – beneficial for particular HR developmental requirements.
You'll have the confidence to go back to work and use your new skills and knowledge to add value to your current Environmental Management System (EMS), audit it, or perhaps even design and implement a new system from the ground up. An effective and efficient EMS can have a dramatic effect on your organisation's bottom line, and we want to prepare you to play a key role in this, gaining yourself kudos as an environmental professional.
What will I learn?
- The world-famous International Standard for designing and assessing Environmental procedures – ISO 14001.
- You'll be introduced to another important Environmental Standard in the 14000 'family': ISO 14004. You may encounter this when implementing an EMS.
- The Requirements of an Environmental Management System, using the latest versions of ISO 14001 as your yardstick.
- Getting to grips with Documentation and Interpretation.
- Understand the principles, methodology, preparation, and performance of an Internal Audit, with the ISO 19,011:2018 Standard for Auditing Guidelines.
- The key to selecting the Audit sample and the subsequent preparation of questions – get this right and you'll perform Process Audits with increased confidence.
- How to prepare the findings and statements for a Corrective Action Report.
- Master the art of straightforward Audit Reporting, against an EMS case study.
- A look at Corrective & Preventive Action, the follow-up process, and then surveillance.
How will I benefit? How will my employer reap the rewards?
You will take away a very real, useable skillset and knowledge base. If you decide to add yet more auditing qualifications to your CV in this field, you might consider training as a Supplier Auditor; or complementing your environmental background with further qualifications in quality, energy, or health and safety management.
Your ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training will be expertly layered and matched to your own learning styles, preferences, and pace. We want to ensure you get the most out of your time with us. What's more, we believe that learning and having fun should not be mutually exclusive!
No hidden costs. Here's what you'll receive:
- Personal copies of ISO 14001, and ISO 19011, fully licensed for you to mark up and keep.
- A clause-by-clause reference manual, and workbook.
- Coaching from a highly experienced, chartered, EMS auditor.
- A globally-recognised certificate.
- Refreshments and delicious, sit-down lunches, served in our venue restaurants.*
- SQMC's highly-acclaimed aftercare.
*Public venues only.
£386 worth of International Standards included
ISO 14001 (worth £142*)You'll receive a complimentary copy of the central standard for EMS.
ISO 19,011:2018 (worth £244*)The "auditor's bible" - a guide to auditing best practice. Worth every penny!
Self-funding? Find out about our Payment Plans:
Our Reference Manual includes clause-by-clause, real-world examples and explanations, from practicing SQMC auditors.
You'll find yourself referring back to your course notes regularly, after your training, because the content is so valuable. We quizzed our team of auditors on their experiences with the various clauses of the ISO 9001 standard, and selected the most powerful examples and explanations to be published in our exclusive ISO 9001 Internal Auditor course Reference Manual.
"Although I'm an experienced auditor, I still found this course very enjoyable, useful, and informative."
"Really enjoyed the course and learned a lot. Good mix of theory and practice."
Our course brochure is the best way to share this information with colleagues. Get instant access:
Why choose SQMC?
A global standard in auditor certification.
SQMC began in 1989 as an ancillary unit within the Management Sciences faculties of one of the United Kingdom's leading universities, providing short auditing courses accredited by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA). Within four years we were awarded Centre of Excellence status by the Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA).
Nowadays, the IQA is known as the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI), and SQMC has evolved into an independent, private training supplier to individual students and multinational corporations in 88+ countries.
Benefits of training with us:
- Friendly guidance for your Training Needs Analysis
- Courses for every experience level
- Top tuition from leading, practicing QHSE auditors
- Gain a deeper understanding of management systems
- Develop key skills to help you shine in any audit scenario
- Unsurpassed pass rates
- First-class aftercare and learner support you can count on
- Certificate verification service for employers
- Our own internal QMS is held accountable by the CQI and IRCA.