Creating confident, valuable internal EMS auditors
We pride ourselves in producing positive, enthusiastic auditors; and we award successful participants with a well-respected ISO 14001 Internal Auditor qualification which demonstrates a high standard of training – beneficial for particular HR developmental requirements. You'll have the confidence to go back to work and use your new skills and knowledge to add value to your current Environmental Management System (EMS), audit it, or perhaps even design and implement a new system from the ground up. An effective and efficient EMS can have a dramatic effect on your organisation's bottom line, and we want to prepare you to play a key role in this, gaining yourself kudos as an environmental professional.
The pandemic needn't halt your training and development
Whether you prefer SQMC's training in a physical classroom, or from the comfort of your own home through our virtual classroom platform, we're continually working hard to bring our customers the very best learning experience possible, in the safest ways possible. And it's also good to bear in mind that attendance on a training course doesn't count towards your working hours, if you are furloughed through the UK Government's Job Retention Scheme (currently extended beyond October, in parts of the UK).
A 9-point rundown of what you'll learn
Delegates attending this ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course take part in practical scenarios, dynamic case-studies, and team work. SQMC Tutors encourage your questions – no matter how basic you may think they are – as part of a series of lively (not lengthy!) lectures. In only two days, you can learn, understand and appreciate all of the following:
- The world-famous International Standard for designing and assessing Environmental procedures – ISO 14001.
- You'll be introduced to another important Environmental Standard in the 14000 'family': ISO 14004. You may encounter this when implementing an EMS.
- The Requirements of an Environmental Management System, using the latest versions of ISO 14001 as your yardstick.
- Getting to grips with Documentation and Interpretation.
- Understand of the principles, methodology, preparation and performance of an Internal Audit, with the ISO 19,011:2018 Standard for Auditing Guidelines.
- The key to selecting the Audit sample and the subsequent preparation of questions – get this right and you'll perform Process Audits with increased confidence.
- How to prepare the findings and statements for a Corrective Action Report.
- Master the art of straightforward Audit Reporting, against an EMS case study.
- A look at Corrective & Preventive Action, the follow-up process, and then surveillance.
Further enhancement of your CV
You will take away a very real, useable skillset and knowledge base. If you decide to add yet more auditing qualifications to your CV in this field, you might consider training as a Supplier Auditor; or complementing your environmental background with further qualifications in quality, energy, or health and safety management.
Length of course
The Scottish Quality Management Centre is an award-winning, globally accredited training body, headquartered 25 minutes from Edinburgh International Airport. Click here for a timeline of our 30-year history.
- Stringent physical distancing-compliant classroom arrangement for the safest learning experience
- Virtual classroom version available, for students who prefer to learn from home or the office
- Fully licensed copy of the ISO 14001 Standard
- SQMC reference manual
- Recognised training certificate
- Lunch and refreshments (classroom version only)
- Interactive training
- Tutoring by an active, Chartered EMS auditor
|BSI||£1,125 + vat|
|Lloyds||£1,000 + vat|
|SQMC||£725 + vat|
Assessment & CertificationContinuous Assessment verified by a Certificate of Successful Completion, issued by the Scottish Quality Management Centre.
Arrange this course in-house anywhere in Europe, or our virtual version -- worldwide.