Ready to get excited about ISO 9001?
Yes, we're serious!
If you’re here under duress because your boss earmarked you for a new role, we’re very glad you found us. We’re the Scottish Quality Management Centre, and since our formation at the University of Stirling in 1989, thousands of ISO 9001 trainees have been grateful that our founder, Ian W. Hannah, was likewise ‘forced’ into a Quality Assurance career, once upon a time.
So, whether you’re booking your own ISO 9001 Awareness training, or sourcing a course for a colleague, we've summarised the 14 essential elements that SQMC students take back to work with them – beginning with...
- How an efficient QMS benefits customer satisfaction.
- What’s expected of you in your Quality role?
- Where does the ISO 9001 Standard fit in?
- What are the Standard’s requirements?
- How can working to ISO 9001 increase profits?
SQMC is well known for our ‘layering’ approach to learning, and we don’t rely solely on PowerPoint presentations to communicate our expert’s knowledge to you. During the training, participants will have gained a genuine appreciation of Quality Management Systems.
Next, using a range of cognitive, interactive techniques, our facilitator gets the class thinking about:
- The ‘Seven (Quality) Management Principles’ upon which ISO 9001 is based.
- The powerful ‘Plan – Do – Check – Act’ (PDCA) cycle for maintaining a QMS.
- The terms and definitions used in Quality Management, prescribed by the correlating Standard, ISO 9000.
- How a process approach applies in Quality Management.
- The model of a process-based QMS.
You’d be surprised how many time-served Quality Managers admit they’ve gained a deeper understanding of Quality Systems and ISO 9001 by this point of the course, and have a renewed enthusiasm for the job.
But there’s more…
- ISO 9001:2015 now specifies Risk Management. We’ll discuss!
- We’ll explain ‘context of the organisation’, and consider yours.
- You’ll determine what’s required by way of ISO 9001 documentation.
- We’ll contextualise the clauses of the Standard, and relate it to your workplace.
So many crucial takeaways from just a 7 hour course.
Why cram it in to 7 hours? Our experience has taught us that any longer spent in the classroom exceeds our students’ saturation point, which defeats the purpose of education, entirely.
Therefore, to ensure your trainer won’t sound like Charlie Brown’s school teacher towards the end of the day, we accelerate your learning through regular group exercises, fewer written exercises, and minimal tutor discourse.
Another good reason to train with SQMC
You know it, and we know it: there’s only so much an old-fashioned, handwritten test can demonstrate about a person’s knowledge. That’s why the integrity of your participation throughout this SQMC course is given equal consideration to your written work; so rest assured your final assessment will indeed be a true representation of your efforts.
Those who successfully complete the course gain a qualification that satisfies the formal (awareness) training requirements of ISO 9001:2015 itself; while attendance on the course is worth 7 CPD points to you, should you decide to join the Chartered Quality Institute. If you’ll be auditing to the Standard, you should follow up your ISO 9001 Awareness training with either an ISO 9001 Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor course to ensure compliance with the Standard, depending on the type of audits you’ll be expected to carry out. Too much information? Sorry! Please call us for advice – that’s what we’re here for.
Remember! ISO 9001 Internal Auditor delegates can save over £200
QMS Package Deal: Save over £200 when booking this QMS Foundation course with our ISO 9001 Internal Auditor course (offer will be applied automatically to your invoice when your booking is complete).
The Scottish Quality Management Centre is an award-winning, globally accredited training body, headquartered 25 minutes from Edinburgh International Airport. Click here for a timeline of our 30-year history.
- Recognised training certificate
- Lunch and refreshments
- Participative learning experience.
SuitabilityExtremely helpful for newcomers to ISO 9001 and experienced Quality professionals, alike.
|BSI||£645 + vat|
|LRQA||£580 + vat|
|SQMC||£495 + vat|
Assessment & CertificationContinual Assessment exercises verified by a Certificate of Successful Completion issued by the Scottish Quality Management Centre - an internationally accredited training provider.
Arrange this course in-house anywhere in Europe.